John Frieda® Reveals Color Secrets Behind The Look For Zac Posen Spring 2013
For his Spring 2013 collection, Zac Posen envisioned rich, vibrant hair color to make the runway looks truly pop. John Frieda®International Creative Consultant Harry Josh brought this vision to life, usingJohn Frieda®Precision Foam Colour to enhance models’ shades with saturated colour and shine that complemented Zac Posen‘s spring pieces. An essential part of the runway look, the hair colour brought vibrancy and brightness toPosen‘s singular designs. Harry Josh chose Precision Foam Colour for its salon-quality coverage and expert colourist-selected shades, using tones that closely matched the models’ own hair colours, serving to enrich their shades rather than completely change them.
In order to enhance the richness of the colour, John Frieda® Global Creative Consultant Luigi Murenu melded two looks into one – creating a graphic style in the front and a soft wave in the back. Drawing inspiration from polished wood, Murenu channeled screen sirens from old Hollywood and described the look as “chic, elegant and timeless.”
To create the style seen on the runway, Luigi Murenu used the following steps:
- Step 1: To keep the crown frizz-free, apply a dime-sized amount of Frizz-Ease® Hair Serum Original Formula, smoothing hair downward from the top of the head to below the ear.
- Step 2: Next apply Frizz-Ease® Curl Reviver Styling Mousse evenly through hair and brush to uniformly distribute product.
- Step 3: Create a severe middle part and blow dry completely, brushing hair back and away from the face to make the hair at the crown flat and smooth.
- Step 4: With a 1″ curling iron, create a wave by wrapping small sections of hair twice around the barrel. Make sure to stop before reaching the nape of the neck in order to keep the crown flat. Brush hair out to create one uniform wave.
- Step 5: Follow with Frizz-Ease® Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray to keep style in place.
Harry’s Backstage Tip: “The moment before the show begins is filled with nervous energy – then the music starts, the lights beam down and all eyes are on the first model. The last thing anyone wants to see is dull, washed-out colour. Apply Precision Foam Colour 24 hours before your big debut to get salon-quality richness and shine that will make you the center of attention.”
Luigi’s Backstage Tip: “Frizz-Ease® Hair Serum Original Formula is a Fashion Week essential. Not only do I use it on damp hair to tame frizz, but I also use it right before models walk the runway. This added touch keeps styles smooth and extra shiny and makes the model’s hair colour look radiant,” Murenu reveals.
WHAT IT COSTS: Precision Foam Colour $12.99; Frizz-Ease® Hair Serum Original Formula $5.99; Frizz-Ease® Curl Reviver Styling Mousse $5.99; Frizz-Ease® Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray $5.99
WHERE TO FIND IT: Food, drug and mass retailers nationwide